Google Inc. today announced a new edition of the Google Search Appliance™, GSA 6.0, that indexes all of even the largest organization's content: limitless linking of appliances to create unparalleled enterprise search power.
Google Search Appliance 6.0 comes with a brand new architecture, (GSA)n, which enables new heights of scalability, customization, and search quality:
- Dynamic Scalability - Scale to thousands, millions, even billions of documents - all without disrupting existing GSAs
- GSA-to-GSA Unification - Link multiple GSAs, separated across departments or geographies to provide a unified set of results
- GB-9009 - New product model that searches up to 30 million documents
- GB-7007 - Enhanced architecture now supports search for 500,000 to 10 million documents (3X the power of the GB-1001)
- Fine tune relevancy - Ranking Framework, Node Biasing, and Collection Biasing
- Customizable security, enabling early binding and late binding
- Social search features, including 'User Added Results'
- User-centric innovations such as Query Suggestions
- Enhanced search quality with improved precision
The GSA 6.0 allows businesses to:
Scale to billions of docs simply - The new GSA can search not just thousands or millions, but billions of documents. With dynamic scalability feature, you can easily connect multiple GSAs, whether in one location or many, while providing employees an an easy-to-navigate set of results that also unifies information across departments and data stores.
Customize across the board - GSA 6.0 comes with options to customize administrative, security and relevancy features. Ranking Framework, Node Biasing and Collection Biasing allow you to fine-tune search results to your needs. The new Administrative API provides more control for automation of common tasks, and GSA 6.0 now supports both early and late binding, so search results can be screened according to company security policies.
Achieve higher quality search results - Along with improved precision in the core algorithms, GSA 6.0 includes social search features, such as Query Suggestions and User-added Results, that aggregate knowledge across the organization for more precise search results . Additionally, cross-language enterprise search also enables enterprise users across the globe to translate their search results in real-time - into whichever language they choose.
Deploy the most powerful search architecture - With this release, new customers are provided with more powerful architecture, regardless of their document count, upgrading the entry-level appliance to the powerful GB 7007 architecture. Today Google is also launching a brand new model for customers with the highest document counts, the GB-9009, with built-in redundancy and enhanced performance, and built on the PowerEdge R710 platform from Dell and powered by Xeon 5500 Series processors from Intel.
"With the GSA 6.0, it's easy for companies to give all employees the powerful Google search experience inside their business -- even if they are searching among billions of documents in dispersed intranets, data stores, languages or geographies," said Dave Girouard, President of Google Enterprise. "With the improved architecture and software for the search appliance, global businesses can provide secure search across the largest enterprise content repositories -- with one GSA system that can scale to billions of documents without limits."
Watch the below video for more details: