Last December, Google announced the integration of Task in Gmail Labs. This is a to-do list which you can directly manage within Gmail. Today, Google announced the integration of Tasks into Google Calendar.
To get started, open Calendar and click on the "Tasks" link on the left hand side. You'll see the familiar task list you're used to using in Gmail, with some Calendar-specific additions:
- Tasks that have due dates will automatically appear on your calendar. To create a task with a due date in Calendar, click on an empty space in month view or the all-day section of week view, and be sure select the "Task" option.
- To attach a due date to an existing task, click the right-arrow from within the task list, and then click on the calendar icon.
- You can modify a task's due date by dragging it to a different date, just as you would with a regular calendar event.
- To mark a task completed from within Calendar, just click on the task's checkbox. (Isn't that satisfying, overachievers?)
- To keep track of due dates before they arrive, there's a nifty new "Sort by due date" feature available in the Actions menu at the bottom of your task list. While sorting by due date, you can reschedule a task by clicking on it in your list, then pressing control and the up or down arrow key.