Facebook opened the program to interested developers several months ago. This Application Verification Program gives you an opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to providing trustworthy user experiences in your applications. Users of Verified Apps can feel confident that these applications strive to be transparent about how they work and respect social expectations between friends. Facebook today announced the inaugural set of 120 Verified Apps to Facebook users!
Users can easily find Verified Apps in new Application Directory, which also launches today. As a Verified App, you'll benefit from the following:
- Badging in the Application Directory: Users will see a green "verified" check mark next to your application name wherever it is listed.
- Priority ranking in the Application Directory: When appropriate, Verified Apps will appear before any applications that have not been verified yet.
- Badging on your application profile: On this page, users will see the official "Facebook Verified App" graphic in the left column.
- Allocation boosts: You will also receive a two-bucket boost in both notification and requests allocations. You can see your application's allocation buckets on the Allocations tab on the Insights page. These allocations will continue to be subject to our algorithmic reputation system which looks at various metrics and user signals.
- Ad credits and discounts: You will receive $100 in credit to advertize with Facebook and discounts to paid Facebook events.
To help users discover well-designed and useful applications, Application Directory now also contains a "Featured by Facebook" section. This section will spotlight various Verified Apps, editorially selected by the Facebook team.
Take a look at below video which captures why friends make all the difference:
If you are interested in participating, navigate to your application in the Developer application, and click the Submit Application for Verification link.