Mozilla released Fashion Your Firefox, a new Web application that enables Firefox users to customize their browser based on their interests and online activities. With Fashion Your Firefox, add-ons that fit people’s online lifestyles are organized in easy to discover ways and are available for installation in just a few easy clicks.
Fashion Your Firefox presents add-ons in activity-based categories that make them easy to find and install. Add-ons are tiny pieces of software that add new features or functionality to Firefox, letting people customize their browser to meet their tastes. There are currently more than 1 billion downloads of Firefox add-ons.
Categories in Fashion Your Firefox include:
- Shutterbug: View and share pictures and videos online
- Rock Star: Listen to music while surfing, working, emailing or researching online
- News Junkie: Get the most up-to-date news and weather
- Shopaholic: Shop and take advantage of online deals
- Digital Pack Rat: Keep track of favorite sites, bookmarks and blogs
- Social Butterfly: Share, bookmark, and e-mail web pages via an array of social networking & bookmarking sites
- Finder and Seeker: Find and make information on the Web more relevant
- Decorator: Apply browser themes
- Executive Assistant: Organize online activities
“One of the best parts about Firefox is the amazing richness of our 5,000-plus free add-ons,” said Mike Shaver, vice president of engineering at Mozilla. “We’re excited to introduce Fashion Your Firefox because it makes it even easier for people to discover useful add-ons that make the browsing experience better and more personal.”