"Interesting stuff of the Technology, Products and Web 2.0..."

Thursday, March 26, 2009

iGoogle Introduced Game Themes

Marissa Mayer, VP of Search Products and User Experience at Google announced the gaming themes for iGoogle. These themes offer new iGoogle backdrops inspired by their favorite video games, including classics like "Mario" and "Mega Man" and new sensations like "Wii Sports" and "Spore”.

Now you can get themes from your favorite games like Super Mario, Street Fighter, and Spore on your personalized Google homepage. Then add your choice of news, email, weather, and more for a page that's as useful as it is fun.

iGoogle already has popular themes that such as iGoogle artist themes, fashion and music themes and themes for causes. Game themes are created by iGoogle software engineers who are gamers themselves.

“I confess, I'm a game geek. My first experience with video games was spending hours and hours (not to mention my weekly allowance) playing "Donkey Kong" and "Galaga" at a nearby arcade until my fingers ached. These days I no longer have to ride my bike to the neighborhood arcade to play video games — I can do it in the comfort of my own home anytime I want! And even better... starting today, I can have images of my favorite childhood games right on my iGoogle page.” said Matthew Chan who worked closely on the project.

iGoogle now has graphics from all sorts of games. Picture your homepage with "Burnout" cars zooming in the background, Ryu from "Street Fighter" blasting hadoukens across your page, or rock stars jamming out to tunes from "Guitar Hero." It doesn't end there.

Just add the game theme of the day and enjoy seeing a different one on your iGoogle page every day.

Here's a look at the themes in action:

No comments: